Monday, July 18, 2011

Handmade brooch


One of my supplier in Japan is a talented artist Junko.

She makes lovely bag/mobile phone charms, obi charms , brooch, obi and hair accessories.  She holds a stall at handicraft market in  Kamigamo shrine,  Kyoto. She is there almost every month.

Kyo Modern sells some of her brooch. Snowflakes and Sakura petal brooches are made of epoxy resin with swarovski rhinestone inside. I love the rhinestone. It adds an accent in a brooch. 


You can purchase theses brooches at Beehive Gallery in Newtown. If you are not in Sydney, you can purchase it on my website


Theses products are supposedly a obi charm with hooks but Junko used a safety pin to make a brooch for me. 


I wanted to explain this brooch is pretty thick. In the photo on right, hopefully you can see how thick it is. The brooch is about 1.8cm heights (including a pin) from the side so it's pretty big!
 
It will definitely adds accent on your bag, shawls, hat, or where ever you want to put on.


I put a snowflake brooch on my bag. It makes cold weather enjoyable!

No comments:

Post a Comment