Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Spring in Japan


It's only been 2 days since I came back from Japan. My mind is still very much in holiday mode!

I know many people have been avoiding to trip to Japan since the earthquake but as long as you avoid affected areas, it is completely fine.

After spending few days in my town Kyoto, my husband and I flew to Okinawa, we then visited Kagoshima, Kumamoto, Oita, Yamaguchi, Hiroshima and Shimane prefectures. We took so many photos and bought heaps of souvenirs.

I normally see many overseas tourists in Japan through out the year but there were significantly less amount this time. But there were some. So I felt like thanking to every single overseas travellers I saw during my trip.

I'm glad I made it.  Initially I wasn't sure if it was a good idea to have fun while people in affected areas are still suffering but I then realised spending money in Japan helps Japanese economy to recover.

My husband and I definetaly spent lots of money in Japan so hoepfully we contributed to rebuild Japanese economy!

I will be at Kirribilli market on the 28th of May. I will be selling new products so please come to my stall!

(Photo: Touching remaining Sakura near my house in Kyoto in April mid)

2 comments:

  1. I lived in Kagoshima many years ago, I spent 3 months looking for a very large shrine gate that is near the base of the mountain... I finally discovered it one day when I happened to look toward the sky while waiting for the traffic lights to change. I had been riding my bicycle under the gate everyday since I moved to the city. I couldn't believe it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to go back to Kagoshima again. I loved the sand steamed bath!

    ReplyDelete