Sunday, March 11, 2012

It happened at 14:26pm in Japan time. The earthquake hit northern part of Japan then followed by huge Tsunami.

I can't believe it's been 1 year. I still feel like it happened recently.

This time last year, I discovered the news when my mother rang. She lives in Kyoto so she was safe but she was panicking.  I didn't realise how bad the damage was until I checked news online.

I thought it was some kind of movie scene or some kind of bad joke... I couldn't believe what I was watching.

For 2 weeks, I kept watching Japanese news online. I felt so frustrated and useless. The only thing I could do was donating money and get involved in fund raising events. 

People in northern Japan are still suffering from the affect. If you are in Sydney, there are couple of events you can join to help earthquake victims.

There is a Japanese volunteering group which runs fund raising event. The website is mainly in Japanese but you can still check out the information of up coming events.

http://sites.google.com/site/helpjapansydney/

There is also a market in Manly. It's on every 3rd Saturday of the month.  This is running by Sydney Rainbow Stay. Their website is below:

http://sites.google.com/site/sydneyrainbowstayen/

My hear will go to everyone who was and still is affected by the earthquake.


No comments:

Post a Comment