Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Market this Saturday

As I mentioned in the news section of this blog, I will be at Kirribilli market this Saturday. It's on from 8am to 3pm.

I will be there with 2 of my friends.

One of them will be selling homewares from her town Fukushima. As you might know, Fukushima was one of the area which was badly affected by the earthquake and nuclear power plants.

My friend is trying to support her hometown by selling fashion accessories and homewares made of cotton called Aizu Momen. It is striped designed cotton fabric dyed with indigo, originaited around 1643 in Fukushima.

My other friend will be selling lovely hand woven jewelly  pouches and hats for baby.  I don't have a photo of it but pouches are in a shape of macaroon. It looks so realistic that it looks almost eatable!

We will be on either gravel or green area on the market. Hope it will be a nice sunny day!

Information of the market is available here.

No comments:

Post a Comment